18 March 2013

1500 pt tournament list ideas

1500 pt Tournament is coming up at the end of the month and so after a lot of mulling over things I've more or less settled on a list. Originally I was going to play a variation of this Marine list where I only had 2 tactical squads, a land raider, stormtalon (by the way these are now alright given the price drop) and a vindicator instead of the predator and assorted troops, however I quickly realised that that would not work and came up with this.



Librarian, the avenger and null zone (100 pts) Assault terminators, thunder hammers and storm shields (200 pts) Dreadnought, assault cannon, heavy flamer, drop pod (150 pts) Tactical Squad with multi-melta, meltagun, combi-melta, powerfist in drop pod (245 pts) Tactical Squad with missile launcher, plasmagun, rhino (215 pts) Tactical Squad missile launcher, flamer, razorback with twin-linked lascannons (245 pts) Scout squad with teleport homer (90 pts) Thunderfire Cannon with drop pod (135 pts) Predator with lascannon sponsons (120 pts)
Some potential sternguard recruits 
Although I would like to play my guard, I would like to have fully painted and if I don't manage to finish off 2 heavy weapon teams and a commissar I might play the list above as everything is painted to some extent, and since I'm not getting full painting I might as well give my ultramarines an outing. However, having considered that, there is obviously a lot more firepower in my IG army. Also although it is not optimal as I don't have the things necessary to make a list like I would like to (see end of post) it is still a tournament army, and I now know more or less how to use it well in that setting, as well as having had the chance to test out and thoroughly adapt the list to this latest incarnation:

CCS, vox, krak grenades Veterans 3x plasmagun, chimera with multi laser and heavy flamer Veterans 3x meltagun, chimera with multi laser and heavy flamer PCS Infantry Squad with missile launcher, flamer, commissar with power sword Infantry Squad with missile launcher, flamer, vox Infantry Squad with autocannon, grenade launcher, commissar with power sword Infantry squad with autocannon, grenade launcher, vox Hellhound with heavy bolter Vendetta Leman Russ Vanquisher, lascannon Leman Russ Demolisher, heavy flamer Aegis with quad gun

The problem with this is that I'm not sure I have enough 'vanilla' guardsmen - hence the need to add voxes and assorted special weaponry where possible. I have about 3 versions of this and will probably decide when I go to Russia and can actually see what I have available. Also I'd prefer to have 3 russes rather than 2 and may drop the vendetta as it does not usually actually contribute that much despite being a scare to my opponents and I'd like to fit in marbo if possible anyway...

Having said that, as I mentioned earlier, here is what I would consider an 'optimal list' to be (note ccs is through lack of points rather than anything else and go in a vendetta):

CCS 3x flamer, krak grenades

Veterans 3x plasmagun, lascannon, chimera with multi-laser, heavy flamer
Veterans 3x plasmagun, lascannon, chimera with multi-laser, heavy flamer
Veterans 3x plasmagun, lascannon, chimera with multi-laser, heavy flamer
Veterans 3x plasmagun, lascannon, chimera with multi-laser, heavy flamer

Vendetta
Vendetta

Medusa
Medusa
Medusa, bastion breacher shells

This list is good in my opinion as it could be played in multiple ways. It has resiliency in that it presents a uniform wall of av12 hulls. It also puts out 11 lascannon shots a turn and a tankhunting blast, 12/24 plasmagun shots, 2 large blasts for taking out infantry and 7 heavy flamers. Easy linebreaker point for dropping off ccs late game and 2 vendettas is enough to handle most flyers apart from cron air which can be more effectively dealt with by the ccs stealing a ride from a veteran squad and twin-linking them via orders. Unfortunately I cannot field this list, but it is something I might try to keep in mind when fiddling around with potential lists. On a side note if you have any ideas on how this might be improved feel free to share as it may be a list I could aspire towards building. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails