30 December 2012

1250 point IG list


I've got an 1250 pt tournament coming up, and I really wanted to use my Space Marines. However, after a lot of fiddling I just couldn't come up with anything that worked, so I began to despair and dread the speed-building that I'd have to get through in order to get a force of dark eldar ready.

But then I was worried about the 20 points I'd lose for not having a painted army and realised that my guard would probably be able to scale down.

So this is the list idea that I've come up with. It's good because I've just finished painting everything (including a display board for it all) apart from the defence line:




Primaris Psyker

Veteran Squad with 3x meltagun, demolitions, chimera
Veteran Squad with 3x plasmagun, power sword (modelled on.. grr...), chimera
Platoon Command Squad with 2x grenade launcher
Infantry Squad with autocannon and commissar
Infantry Squad with autocannon

Vendetta

Leman Russ Executioner, plasma cannon sponsons
Leman Russ Eradicator, heavy flamer

The first things I'm debating are switching the two grenade launchers to an autocannon and the addition of a hellhound or the ap 3 version of it. I also don't have a plain commissar model yet... but that shouldn't be a problem.

What I could do though is replace the Executioner with a manticore, saving me 50 points. Then also with losing the commissara and switching the primaris to a ccs I could have enough points for a Hellhound... but then maybe I need to switch the eradicator out anyway... but the good thing about the eradicator is it's range... I dunno though, I'll probably need to play a few test games. Looking at what's signed up so far it's a lot of guard and marine or similar stuff... (plus Ilya's orks of course ;))

Oh and pictures of all this lot will either come after the tournament (which is on the 6th) or after everything's completely ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails