9 June 2012

Apocalypse batrep: Imperium and Orks vs Blood Angels and Nids

On Friday, we had another apocalypse match - this time I was with the ork player bringing my space marines and guard, sporting my trio of leman russ', a vindicator and the usual stuff. Unfortunately he didn't bring his squiggoth :( so there was a big dent in our offensive capabilities.

Mission was the standard apocalypse one (6 objectives), with some twists made up by yours truly. Each HQ choice that died, was left on the field and became an extra objective. Also one team member was the overall force commander and they got to secretly nominate one of their HQ's who would have a special ability. On the tyranid/blood angel side it was d3 poisoned ap5 blasts which could be shot in the line of sight of their leader (who we later found out to be Dante). On our team it was booby-trapping d3 building which could be scheduled in advance, one of which could be remotely detonated if in the los of our force commander (the weirdboy).





I had an evil plan so we bid thirty minutes for deployment, making sure that we went second. After a little persuading our strategic assets were careful planning and flank march. My thinking was to reserve our army and flank in turn 1 with a devastating alpha strike. However as they deployed, our enemies revealed minefields (the black dice) which did some damage to our plans as my ally was rather afraid of moving his forces through them (facepalm).

Because of this new development, and also as I had lost a little faith in our original plan, I deployed a lot more stuff than I originally intended to.





Having very easily weathered the enemies' first turn of shooting, all seemed to be going quite well, however the orks performance in assaults was quite underwhelming as well as his blocking off some of my charges (namely my captain). 

In their turn they despite our seeming failures, only just about managed to beat back our first wave of reserves. Having done so we sent in our next one. Doing a considerable amount more damage, however this time our counterparts were better prepared as some of their own reinforcements had arrived.


Some guants take revenge on the hellhound


My new dead tank markers!

There used to be a lot of genestealers and a command squad and a whole platoon here...


Tyranid and Blood Angel victory in the end - it was actually quite annoying because despite me reminding him on several occasions, my ork ally forgot to waaagh which would have resulted in a draw.

Still it was a very fun match to play and hopefully we'll get in another one like this before 6th ed. The main thing to take away is to make a plan and then STICK to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails